Friday 11 November 2011

James Winfield Art 8

I am presenting my 8th piece of art.

I am not one to wear a poppy, mainly due to my dislike of conforming to expectation but this does not mean that I do not have feelings, or respect.


I painted it as so originally, unsure of how to finish it, but then after two bottles of wine, I realised that the white is perfect - blue, red and white is the colours of the United Kingdom flag for which our heroes have fought for.

Sadly slightly too late for Rememberence Day itself, but I do not think that is important.

I shall list it on Ebay when I get back from Berlin next week.  Fingers crossed it will get more than the cost of a poppy (which in Hull, when I was a child, was 20p - the same amount that I stole from a bank earlier).

No comments:

Post a Comment